India and I have been talking about collaborating for years now, and we finally did it! Scroll down for a brief comedic skit we did on getting the right Instagram shot (through the perspective of a friend vs. best friend). Y'ALL KNOW IT AIN'T NO ONE SHOT WONDER!
ANNNND OUR SKIT BELOW (Bloopers at the end):
I love visiting Montreal in the summer. The city is always jam-packed with things to do, you get a taste of Europe, and there's many cheap, good eats to choose from. Instead of telling you what TO do in the city, I'm going to tell you the top 5 things NOT to do:
- Do NOT go and try finding the Plateau Houses - I was expecting this, but wasn't able to find the exact location, and what I did manage to find was underwhelming.
- Do NOT visit Saint Joseph's Oratory in the afternoon - You will be bombarded with lots of people. Lots.
- Do NOT go to Fairmount Bagel if you want sandwiches - If you are craving their smoked salmon, cream cheese bagel, you're SOL. They unfortunately don't offer sandwiches anymore :(, but you can still purchase their bagels in bulk.
- Do NOT get Earl Grey sorbet at Kem CoBa - It does not taste anything close to Earl Grey. The blueberry/honey soft-serve was good, but not worth the long line-up.
- Do NOT leave the city without going to the following places:
Alright I'm having major late '90s to early '00s flashbacks and so I thought I'd list out my top 10 favorite games to play as a child:
- Boom Boom Volleyball on miniclip.com - There's a level you can unlock so the women play topless :3 #WhatMoreCouldYouWant
- Tomb Raider II on Playstation 1 - Never knew wtf I was doing but the memories are real.
- Twisted Metal on Playstation 2 - HOW AWESOME WAS THIS GAME THOUGH!? I sucked at it (even as Sweet Tooth) but HOW AWESOME WAS IT!?
- Makeover game on barbie.com - A bit of a guilty pleasure, but I loved playing makeover or any of the fashion games on that website. I even had a PC version where I could design my barbies' clothes and then print them (but it never printed properly).
- Space Room game on postopia.com - I don't remember the name of this game, but you could design your own themed room (in space, a cowboy bar etc.).
- Neopets - I always went for Kacheek. And Kacheek would always die.
- Gunbound - What asian didn't play Gunbound or Maplestory, really?
- Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega - There's one part where Sonic would run underwater and that was always my favorite part.
- Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse on Sega - This game was lit af.
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater on Playstation 1 - If you never played this game, you don't know what you're missing out on.
So I woke up one day some time ago with this symmetrical red grid like pattern on both my butt cheeks. It didn't hurt nor was it itchy, and I had no idea how I got it. And if you're wondering how I found out, no I don't wear pants when I'm home. Like any rational millennial, I googled 'red grid like patterns' and came across this website. Like you are, I was shocked (and amazed) to find out the same exact pattern had been experienced by multiple people worldwide, even dating back to the '60s. Curious to find out more, I emailed the author of the website who sent me a long email asking me to fill out a questionnaire detailing the mark so we could figure out if it was from the same phenomenon. I got cold feet at that point, so nothing ever came of that and the mark eventually faded. And that was how I was marked by an alien. The end.
Can I date 2001 Justin Timberlake in this outfit though? Or better yet have a threesome with him and Brit? Can I be Ryan Gosling's costar in the sequel to Drive? Can I join the cast of That 70's Show? All questions that run through my mind when I'm repping the Canadian tux.
I decided to dedicate this blog post to some BTS gifs and how 99% of my shoots actually go. Scroll down for bloopers!
Mavi Juliette Skinny Cargo in Military Camouflage // Aritzia Babaton Avery Sweater (Old) // Cole Haan GrandPro Tennis Sneaker // Joe Fresh Beanie (Old) // ZeroUV Retro Full Metal Aviator Sunglasses With Clear Lenses Glasses 9591 - Gold Clear // Daniel Wellington Classic Black Sheffield 36mm
SOME GIF BLOOPERS
Partnered with Call It Spring for a fresh spring look! Though it definitely doesn't feel like spring right now, and this outfit wasn't so fresh after the spilt matcha latte on my pants...#CanYouSpotTheMatcha. The sandals dressed themselves, so I kept the outfit simple and colors minimal!
I don't know how it works and it does have a semi-uncomfortable burning sensation, but ChinUp Mask rid 2 cm off my double chin after using it for 30 minutes. I also have a very ticklish neck, so it was hard to keep a straight face with the mask on, but IT WORKS.
Let's excuse my 10-day unwashed hair here and let's focus on this pink, velvet midi skirt from Petite Studio NYC. I keep caressing it because of how soft it is, and love how the knife pleats give it dimension. Only thing it's missing is pockets!
My friend and I debuted our first single together called, "Joey, Your Poo Really Stinks" for our friend Joey's birthday 6 years ago. Here's a preview of the lyrics: It doesn't matter what you eat, Don't matter what you drink, Oh Joey, your poo really stinks, Your poo really stinks (x8). So if you're wondering why most of my Instagram captions are poo or fart related, it dates back long before I met them, and was only amplified with our friendship.
I've been overplaying the La La Land soundtrack since I saw the movie a week ago, and I fall in love with it more each time. For those that haven't seen it, stop what you're doing and GO WATCH IT. It was so beautifully done - from the directing, the music and the costumes, to the actors and their chemistry on-screen. On an unrelated note, what I really love about Coach's new Dinky bag is the attached kisslock purse inside - perfect for all the red pocket money I'll be receiving this weekend for Lunar New Year!
Being a petite gal (5'2"), I often struggle with finding clothes (especially jackets) that fit me. It's why my wardrobe consists of only a few brands, because once I find something that works I stick with it. When I discovered Petite Studio, I fell in love with their entire line. The quality pieces are made for, of, and by petite women, so they know exactly what works and what doesn't!
I've never owned a Quartz parka until now, but it's honestly the lightest parka I've tried. It's amazing how warm it is when I'm outside in -20 degree (Celsius) weather, but don't feel like I'm in a hot sauna wearing it indoors (like most parkas). As I'm always in the city, I want something that's durable but not too bulky. The fact that it's also made in Canada is a plus! I'm wearing the Laurentia in a Navy XXS, but am also in love with the following styles:
Hadn't eaten a hot dog in probably 5 years, until the day Kareema and I shot this look. Good was an understatement. I met Kareema while shopping at Aritzia a year ago, and I had just started my blog at the time. We had been planning this collaboration for a year now, and it finally happened! Follow this girl on Instagram and check out her amazing blog!
Has anyone seen the pilot episode of This Is Us? It was the cast that initially drew me in, starring Mandy Moore (c'mon, I watched A Walk to Remember 8x in a row), Milo Ventimiglia (I had a huge crush on him back when he was on Heroes) and Justin Hartley (who wasn't obsessed with Passions and Smallville) to highlight a few. The episode was decent, but the twist at the end had me keen on watching more. Crafted by the writer of Crazy, Stupid, Love, you can only imagine what the twist could be. And once you know there's a twist, it's impossible not to see it.
My friend Chua from Edmonton and his sister were in town again, and rightfully so we decided to collab once more - but this time it was with not one Chua, but two! I was definitely channeling Jackie from That '70s Show and this might be my favourite shoot yet. Now I'm hungry so enjoy!
Here are some bloopers turned GIFs for your entertainment and my demise:
Well, half decent. Since I was rocking 7 day old hair here, I'm going to share some tips on how I maintain it without actually washing it. Going to keep it short and sweet - just like me. Minus the sweet part.
1. Let's Get Dirrty - (As Aguilera would put it) No matter how oily or smelly your hair is, or how itchy your scalp gets, don't give in. You need to train your hair, especially if it's used to being washed everyday. 7 days may be excessive, but washing your hair at least every other day ensures your scalp is not overproducing oil to compensate for the dryness.
3. Let's Tango - With your comb, that is. Being an unnatural blonde, I usually wake up looking like a dragon lady with dreadlocks. After I comb out all the tangles, my hair is 10x more manageable and I can style accordingly.
4. Smooth Criminal - (had to reference MJ) For that finishing touch, to make it look like you just washed your hair and got a blowout, Bumble and bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil is great for adding shine and taming flyaways (especially those stubborn baby hairs). I can't leave the house without it!
And that's how I get away with not washing my hair for 7 days. Would love to know the longest you've gone without washing yours!
Aritzia Talula Kent Blazer (Similar) // Zara Cropped Top (Similar and cuter) (This one's nice too) // American Eagle Shorts (Similar here and here) // Zara Lace Sandals (Similar - Love these ones) // No Weekends Luna Sunglasses (Blush)
SHOP THE POST