DIY: Become Pablo Escobar In Under 15 Minutes (Halloween Costume)
Looking for a last minute costume this Halloween? Or simply looking to turn your colleague into Pablo Escobar for the day? Sharing a really quick DIY you can do in under 15 minutes!
What you'll need (shown below):
- A walkie-talkie (or in this case, a Bluetooth speaker that we will turn into a walkie talkie-ish)
- A belt
- Blue jeans
- A patterned polo/button-down
- White runners
- Stuffing (for the belly, unless you already have one then disregard) - Here we used cobweb
- Cutout of a stash (again, if you already have one then awesome)
- A straw to make the antenna of the walkie-talkie
- Black construction paper (to wrap the Bluetooth speaker with)
- Tape to adhere the black construction paper and straw to the Bluetooth speaker
Step 1: Make the walkie-talkie
Take black construction paper and wrap the Bluetooth speaker and straw with it. Then, adhere the straw to the back of the speaker. Voila, you have yourself a DIY'd walkie-talkie! We really tried to hide the tape.
Step 2: Look the part
Here are before and afters of my colleague Anjali who happily volunteered as tribute.
- Hair: Used a straightener to slightly crimp her hair to resemble Pablo's waves
- Brows: Emphasized her brows with black eye shadow
- Face: Took the residual black eye shadow on the brush to age her face (accentuated laugh lines, forehead wrinkles and eye bags)
- Stash: Cut one out on felt paper
Step 3: Act the part
And that's it! You have now become Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria. Guaranteed a double take on the streets.