6 Beauty Favourites I Can't Live Without
I'm not the type to leave the house without my face on, but I'm also not the type to need (or want) 3+ items just to do my eyebrows. Below I've highlighted my 6 current go-to items I am obsessing over and absolutely cannot live without.
1) BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick - Fly High - This will soon be added to my 'empties', and is the only lipstick that has gotten this close to being finished. The lilac pink shade makes it wearable for everyday, and it's super creamy and pigmented leaving a rich satin finish. It makes my lips feel and appear baby soft, while conditioning them at the same time with Vitamin A, C and E. I will be repurchasing this 10x over.
2) Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper - I've tried multiple liquid liners, from drugstore brands to more high-end ones and Kat Von D takes the win. The thin precise brush tip helps me draw the perfect cat eye, even on the go-train. It takes seconds to apply and dries instantly. I have oily lids and this liner does not budge all day, even when rubbed. It's also waterproof so highly recommend if you're looking to do a sad chick flick marathon anytime soon.
3) Sephora Retractable Waterproof Brow Pencil - Midnight Brown - I recently bought this after a friend recommended it, and it hasn't left my makeup bag since. It's a cheaper dupe of Anastasia's Brow Wiz and makes me look forward to doing my eyebrows in the morning. My eyebrows stay put all day, and it takes half the time than using Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade.
4) Anastasia Contour Kit - Light to Medium - My friend gifted this to me on my birthday and it quickly became my HG. I wear a lot of bronzer, so I'd always empty Benefit's Dallas within a few months. This kit offers 3 shades of bronzer for contouring, as well as 3 shades of highlighter. It allows me to be versatile with my makeup - days where I'm feeling bloated and want to go for a more contoured look vs. days where I want to look 12 and just use highlighter.
5) Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Palette - The Naked2 Basics palette was on high rotation before discovering this yummy palette when I was searching for the perfect burgundy shade. There are 16 matte and shimmer shadows ranging from basic neutral shades for everyday looks, to more smokey shades for a night out. I love that it's scented with real chocolate, so I can indulge every morning without eating actual chocolate.
6) L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara - Blackest Black - I have typical asian lashes that are pin straight and don't curl very easily. Just one coat of this mascara lengthens and lifts my lashes to the point I'll get compliments on how long my lashes are. If you're already blessed with long, thick lashes, 1) I hate you, and 2) this mascara will make it look like you're wearing dramatic falsies - and there ain't nothing wrong with that!
Thought I'd share the impact just doing my eyebrows and adding mascara can make. The right side of my face is sans mascara, eyebrow pencil and lipstick. Whoever said "eyebrows frame the face" and "mascara makes your eyes pop" knew exactly what they were talking bout.
Put everything together and voila! Also cheers to 5 day old hair.
What are some of your beauty favourites? Let me know if you want a full everyday make-up tutorial :)
SHOP THE FAVES